Room Availability Hallway Sign, Ceiling Mount, Enhanced Legibility, Without Engraving
Mounts to the ceiling outside a meeting room to provide an indication of the room’s availability. Provides enhanced contrast and visibility from a distance.
The SSC-100-EL is recommended for new installations. For existing SSC series installations completed prior to July 2019, refer instead to models SSC-100 and SSC-102.
The SSC-100-EL hallway sign provides a clear indication of a room’s availability with enhanced contrast and visibility as part of a complete Crestron® enterprise room scheduling solution. The SSC-100-EL features a stylish appearance and vivid color illumination that complements any corporate office environment. The two‑sided, gray acrylic sign face illuminates bright green or red to indicate the room availability status. The sign face is custom engravable with the room number, name, icon, or other designation. The complete sign assembly mounts into a cutout in a drywall or drop-tile ceiling.
Room Availability Status
For room scheduling applications, the SSC-100-EL simply connects via USB to a Crestron TSS-770, TSS-1070, TSW-770, TSW-770-GV, TSW-1070, or TSW-1070-GV series touch screen. No special programming or configuration is required. The sign color is controlled by the room scheduling application, which runs on the touch screen and syncs with Crestron Fusion® software or another room scheduling service. The sign illuminates green when the room is available and red when the room is occupied.1 The gray sign face allows for increased contrast and readability from a distance, making it perfect for environments with long corridors or large, open spaces.
Custom RGB Colors
For custom applications, the SSC-100-EL can be integrated with a Crestron control system and programmed to illuminate in a wide variety of colors:
- The RGB LEDs can be controlled in 10% increments per color.
- When the sign is powered by USB, any single color LED can be used at full brightness.
- When the sign is connected to a control system via a Cresnet® network connection, two color LEDs can be used at full brightness simultaneously.
- Three color mixing is possible via Cresnet if each LED is limited to 70%.
- The control system can be programmed to support all types of functionality, enabling colors to alternate, fade in and out, or blink on and off as desired.
Control system integration can be accomplished through a USB connection to a TSW‑770 or TSW‑1070 series touch screen, or through a Cresnet connection to the control system.2
The SSC-100-EL includes a blank acrylic sign, which allows for custom engraving by a third party. The engraving appears on both sides of the acrylic sign face to identify the room by name, number, or a representative icon image. When illuminated, the engraving is clearly visible at a distance of 150 ft (46 m) if 1 in. fonts are used. Engraving can be changed at any time by purchasing a replacement sign face (models SSC‑ACR‑100‑EL or SSC‑ACR‑102‑EL). Crestron Studio® software is used to specify the engraving.
The SSC-100-EL mounts into a drywall or drop-tile ceiling through a 2.0 in. x 10.4 in. (51 mm x 264 mm) cutout using four swiveling dogs that are integrated into the unit. Power and communications are supplied by a single USB or Cresnet cable. A 15 ft (4.57 m) plenum-rated USB cable is included, which connects to the touch screen mounted below the sign. Alternately, a Cresnet cable (sold separately) can be run to a control system up to 3000 ft (914 m) away. Cresnet permits multiple hallway signs to be daisy chained using a single cable.1,2
- Provides an enhanced indication of a room's availability that is clearly visible and legible from 150 ft (46 m)
- Stylish ceiling mount design with two-sided, gray acrylic sign
- Illuminates vivid green or red to clearly indicate the room availability status
- Supports RGB color mixing via custom control system programming to allow almost any color illumination
- Custom engraving allows a room name, number, or icon to be featured on the sign
- Out-of-the-box functionality available when used with a supported Crestron® touch screen
- Custom functionality available when connected to a Crestron control system
- Energy efficient at less than 2.4 W power consumption
- Single-wire USB or Cresnet® network connectivity
- Mounts in a drywall or drop-tile ceiling and projects 5.18 in. (132 mm) from the ceiling
- Plenum-rated design (no backbox required) with swiveling dog mounting system
||Acrylic, two sided
||One or two lines per side with same text or graphical icon on each side
||Edgelit RGB LED
||Supports alternating red/green indication of room availability status when connected to a room scheduling touch screen via USB1, supports custom RGB color mixing when connected to a control system2
||USB 2.0 device for connection to a TSS-770, TSS-1070, TSW-770, TSW-770-GV, TSW-1070, or TSW-1070-GV series touch screen1
||Cresnet® network slave mode2
||(1) 4-pin 3.5 mm detachable terminal block;
Cresnet slave port2
||(1) micro USB Type B connector, female;
USB 2.0 device port1;
Plenum-rated 15 ft (4.57 m) micro B male to A male USB cable included
||(1) Push button (behind bezel) for Cresnet TSID (touch-settable ID)
||2.4 W @ 5 V USB power1
|Cresnet Power Usage
||2.4 W @ 24 VDC
||41 to 113 °F (5 to 45 °C)
||10% to 90% RH (noncondensing)
||Metal bracket with replaceable gray acrylic sign face and magnetically-held white plastic bezel
||Flush ceiling mount using 4 integral swiveling dogs;
2.0 in. x 10.4 in. (51 mm x 264 mm) recommended cutout;
1.5 in. (39 mm) minimum mounting depth using USB;
2.5 in. (64 mm) minimum mounting depth using Cresnet;
0.3 in. (8 mm) minimum surface thickness;
0.8 in. (20 mm) maximum surface thickness
||6.63 in. (169 mm)
||2.82 in. (72 mm)
||11.11 in. (282 mm)
|Projects 5.18 in. (132 mm) below the ceiling surface
|1.5 lb (680 g)
|UL® Listed for US & Canada, IC, FCC Part 15 Class B digital device
to search product certificates.
Please select your region below to see the appropriate Advertised Pricing.