Crestron® TSS‑7 series room scheduling touch screens provide corporate enterprises and organizations with an invaluable productivity tool to enhance and simplify scheduling meeting rooms and spaces. The touch screens install at the entrance to each room and integrate seamlessly with a variety of popular scheduling services to provide an indication of the room availability and a view of its schedule for the day. Simple onscreen tools enable individuals to reserve the room or to find another available room without using a phone or computer.
Room Scheduling Apps
The TSS‑7 comes with apps for many popular enterprise scheduling services.
- Crestron Scheduling App: Supports direct integration with Crestron Fusion® software, Microsoft Exchange Server® software (for users of Outlook® software and Office 365® software), the Google Calendar™ calendaring app (including G Suite™ software), and Ad Astra™ software.
Crestron room scheduling touch screens help organizations to maximize productivity and realize the most usable time out of every meeting space. If the room is reserved, its touch screen displays details about the current meeting accented in red. If the room is available, the screen states so in green and shows the time remaining until the next scheduled meeting. If desired, the room can be reserved on the spot for an ad hoc meeting.1
Crestron room scheduling also offers three levels of customization—ranging from simply configuring settings in the web user interface to modifying the application source code for a completely unique appearance—depending on the needs of an enterprise.2
Whatever provider you choose, the setup is as simple as connecting each touch screen to the network and choosing your app from the web-based setup menu or built-in setup screens. The selected app downloads from the cloud and installs on the touch screen automatically. There is no programming or control system required.4
Built for Enterprise Scheduling Applications
The TSS‑7 is an enterprise-grade device engineered to meet all the demands of a corporate office, conference center, or higher education environment. Its 7 in. (178 mm) capacitive display provides an intuitive and informative user interface dedicated for scheduling rooms and viewing essential meeting details. The UI can be customized and branded with your choice of background images and logos. A larger 10.1 in. (257 mm) version (TSS‑10 series) is also available.1
- Functional: Unlike the consumer tablet devices found in many room scheduling systems, the TSS‑7 requires no power adapter or network adapter to work. Its construction provides everything needed for scheduling applications in one compact unit that mounts over a standard electrical box or cutout. The TSS‑7 also offers high‑speed Ethernet and PoE/PoE+ connectivity, so installation is quick and easy with only one network cable required.
- Versatile: Crestron offers a variety of mounting accessories to address all the challenges that you are likely to encounter, from flush mounting to drywall or masonry or adhering to a glass wall. Optional light bar and hallway sign accessories are available to increase the visibility of status indication and room identification.
- Reliable: Consumer tablets are meant for mobile handheld use and not permanent installs. They rely on Wi-Fi® communications, which can be unreliable. By contrast, Crestron touch screens are purpose‑built for permanent installation and years of reliable 24/7 operation in a commercial environment. Wired network connectivity ensures dependable, high-speed performance. To keep things running smoothly with the latest features, the TSS‑7 checks nightly for app updates and loads the latest version automatically.
- Secure: Crestron touch screens employ enterprise-grade networking with robust security features such as 802.1X authentication, TLS encryption, HTTPS connectivity, and Active Directory® service integration. These features are imperative to protect your network against service interruptions and malicious intrusions, and to ensure compliance with your organization’s network policies.
- Manageable: Crestron touch screens feature cloud‑based provisioning and management to streamline the process of configuring and monitoring every touch screen on the network and keeping them updated. They also support SNMP, so they can be monitored by your IT administrator alongside every other device on the network.
- Cost‑Effective: Crestron touch screens offer clear advantages over other alternatives, but that doesn’t mean they cost more. The TSS‑7 series delivers a comparable or lower cost solution compared to buying tablets and adding all the extra peripherals and maintenance they require.
Status Indicator Options
Adding the optional light bar accessory (TSW-760-LB series) to a TSS‑7 produces light around the perimeter of the touch screen. For room scheduling applications, the light bar provides 180° visual indication of a room’s availability status, illuminating green if the room is available and red when reserved.1,5
As an alternative to the light bar, Crestron offers a selection of hallway signs and indicators that mount on the wall or ceiling above each touch screen. The SSW, SSW‑EL, SSC, and SSC‑EL series hallway signs feature a two sided acrylic sign face that can be custom engraved with the room name or number. The SIW‑100 offers a lower profile wall mount status indicator.1,5
All of the room availability status indication options are available separately, or as part of a kit including the TSS‑7 series touch screen and multisurface mount kit. For kits containing a hallway sign, custom engraving is available separately by purchasing an SSC‑ACR‑102, SSC‑ACR‑102‑EL, SSW‑ACR‑102, SSW‑ACR‑102‑EL replacement sign face.
PinPoint Beacon (Coming Soon)
The built‑in PinPoint™ proximity detection beacon enhances the intelligence and personalization of a room scheduling system by enabling your smartphone or tablet device to sense what room you’re standing in front of. It works with the Crestron PinPoint App, using Bluetooth® technology to determine when the mobile device is near the beacon, and signals the mobile app to automatically display the appropriate information and controls for the room.1,6
Auto Brightness Control
To ensure optimal visibility under varying lighting conditions, the TSS‑7 includes a built-in light sensor, which regulates the brightness of the display according to the ambient light level in the space.
Power over Ethernet
Using PoE technology, the TSS‑7 gets its operating power directly through the network cable. PoE (Power over Ethernet) eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A Crestron PoE switch (CEN‑SWPOE‑16) offers a total networking solution with built‑in PoE for multiple touch screens.
NOTE: Refer to the “Power” specifications for more details.
Crestron XiO Cloud Service
The TSS‑7 is compatible with the Crestron XiO Cloud™ service, which is an IoT (Internet of Things) based platform for remotely provisioning, monitoring, and managing Crestron devices across an enterprise or an entire client base. Built on the Microsoft® Azure® software platform and utilizing Microsoft's industry‑leading Azure IoT Hub technology, Crestron XiO Cloud enables installers and IT managers to deploy and manage thousands of devices in the time it would ordinarily take to manage just one. Unlike other virtual machine‑based cloud solutions, Azure services provide unlimited scalability to suit the ever‑growing needs of an enterprise. For more information, visit www.crestron.com/xiocloud.
Versatile Mounting Options
Using the bracket provided, the TSS‑7 is easily installed over a 2‑gang or 3‑gang electrical box, or a 2‑gang European or UK electrical box. The same bracket allows for installation over a rectangular cutout in wooden paneling or furniture. When installed, the touch screen protrudes just 1/2 in. from the mounting surface and latches firmly into its mounting bracket leaving no visible screws for an ultra clean appearance. A security latch option is included to deter unauthorized removal of the touch screen.
Additional mounting options are afforded using the TSW‑UMB‑60 universal mounting bracket:
- Can be used by itself as a postconstruction solution for retrofitting the TSS‑7 into existing drywall.
- Can be used with the TSW‑UMB‑60‑PMK preconstruction mounting kit for applications that don’t require a back box.
- Can be used with the TSW‑UMB‑60‑BBI back box for masonry and concrete applications.
The TS‑7‑MSMK allows a TSS‑7 touch screen to be mounted to virtually any flat surface, which is ideal for mounting at the entrance to a meeting space for room scheduling applications. The TSW‑760/1060‑MSMK provides a similar surface mounting solution that can also be mounted over a conventional electrical box. When installed using the TSW‑760/1060‑MSMK, the touch screen is angled upwards at a 20° tilt.
Though not typical for most room scheduling applications, Crestron offers tabletop and rack mount kits that are compatible with the TSS‑7. When installing the TSS‑7 in place of an older Crestron touch screen (APAD, CT‑1000, LC‑1000, TPS‑4L, TPS‑6L, or TPS‑2000L), Crestron offers retrofit mounting brackets, which facilitate replacement without having to tear out the old mounting hardware or patch the wall.
NOTE: For scheduling applications utilizing occupancy sensing, the TSS‑7 does not provide a physical sensor interface. Occupancy sensors must be interfaced with the scheduling service through a Crestron control system or appropriate third‑party solution. Crestron offers a variety of wired and wireless occupancy sensors that support integration using the Cresnet® network communications, infiNET EX® wireless communications, or a 24 VDC signal.