Crestron® TSS-7 series room scheduling touch screens provide corporate enterprises and organizations with an invaluable productivity tool to enhance and simplify scheduling meeting rooms and spaces. They install at the entrance to each room and integrate seamlessly with a variety of popular scheduling services to provide an indication of the room’s availability and a view of its schedule for the day. Simple onscreen tools enable individuals to reserve the room, or find another available room, without having to pull out their phone or log onto a computer.
Crestron room scheduling touch screens help organizations to maximize productivity and realize the most usable time out of every room. If a room is currently reserved, the associated touch screen displays details about the current meeting, accented in red, so attendees can immediately confirm they’re in the right place before entering the room. If the room is currently available, the screen states so in green and shows the time remaining until the next scheduled meeting. If desired, the room can be reserved on the spot for an ad hoc meeting.
If you wish to reserve a room for later in the day, just step up to any touch screen, swipe through the room’s timeline for the day, and reserve the room for any available time slot. If that room isn’t available when you want it, the touch screen can find you another available room nearby so you can book your meeting in place without running around the building. Additional optional functions include the abilities to check into a scheduled meeting, extend a meeting, end a meeting early, toggle between two languages, or limit access to various functions using PIN code authorization. 
Crestron room scheduling also offers three levels of customization depending on your needs. For basic customization and branding, custom background images or videos and custom logos may be selected to personalize the standard user interface from Crestron. For editing the user interface elements further, such as changing colors, adjusting positioning, or removing elements, a custom CSS stylesheet may be created. Finally, to add entirely new user interface elements to the display, the source code for the scheduling user interface may be modified. 
Works with many popular room scheduling providers
The TSS-7 comes with apps for all the most popular enterprise scheduling services.
- Crestron Scheduling App – Supports direct integration with Crestron Fusion® software, Microsoft® Exchange software (for users of Outlook® software and Office 365® software), and Google Calendar™ calendaring app (including G Suite™ software).
- Third-Party Apps – Includes support for Teem®, Robin®, Appspace® , Zoom™, and EMS Software™ applications . Other providers may be added in the future.
- Additional Options – Supports IBM® Notes® software and CollegeNET® 25Live® software through Crestron Fusion (on-premises server only).
Whatever provider you choose, the setup is as simple as connecting each touch screen to the network and choosing your app from the web-based setup menu. The selected app downloads from the cloud and installs on the touch screen automatically. There is no programming or control system required. 
Purpose-built for enterprise scheduling applications
The TSS-7 is an enterprise-grade device engineered to meet all the demands of a corporate office, conference center, or higher education environment. Its brilliant 7 in. (178 mm) capacitive display provides an intuitive and informative user interface dedicated for scheduling rooms and viewing essential meeting details. The UI can be customized and branded with your choice of background images and logos. A larger 10.1 in. (257 mm) version (TSS-10 series) is also available. 
- Attractive – The TSS-7 series features clean, contemporary styling and high-performance graphics for an appearance that fits right in with any office decor. Unlike the consumer tablet devices found in many room scheduling systems, the TSS-7 requires no bulky wall kit, power adapter, or network adapter to make it work. Its unitized construction composes everything in one compact unit that mounts over a standard electrical box or cutout, with high-speed Ethernet and PoE/PoE+ connectivity, so installation is quick and easy with just one network cable required.
- Versatile – Crestron offers a variety of mounting accessories to address all the challenges you’re likely to encounter. Whether mounting flush to drywall or masonry or adhered to a glass wall, we have you covered. Optional light bar and hallway sign accessories are available to increase the visibility of status indication and room identification in long corridors.
- Reliable – Consumer tablets are meant for mobile handheld use — not permanent installs. They rely on Wi-Fi® communications, which can be unreliable, and include batteries that can overheat and swell up when charged constantly. Their operating systems are subject to disruptive changes at the whim of the manufacturer, so consistency and stability can never be guaranteed. By contrast, Crestron touch screens are purpose-built for permanent installation and years of reliable 24/7 operation in a commercial environment. Wired network connectivity ensures dependable, high-speed performance. To keep things running smoothly with the latest features, the TSS-7 checks nightly for app updates and loads the latest version automatically.
- Secure – Crestron touch screens employ enterprise-grade networking with robust security features such as 802.1X authentication, TLS encryption, HTTPS connectivity, and Active Directory® software integration. These features are imperative to protect your network against service interruptions and malicious intrusions, and to ensure compliance with your organization’s stringent network policies.
- Manageable – Crestron touch screens feature cloud-based provisioning and management to streamline the process of configuring and monitoring every touch screen on the network and keeping them updated. They also support SNMP, so they can be monitored by your IT administrator alongside every other device on the network.
- Cost-Effective – Crestron touch screens offer clear advantages over other alternatives, but that doesn’t mean they cost more. When all factors are considered, the TSS-7 series actually delivers a comparable or lower cost solution compared to buying tablets and adding all the extra peripherals and maintenance they require.
Enhanced status indication options
Adding the optional light bar accessory (TSW-760-LB series) to a TSS-7 produces a ring of light around the perimeter of the touch screen to provide 180° visual indication of the room’s availability status. Its vivid color illumination can be seen with just a glance down the hallway, glowing green if a room is available and red when reserved. [2,5]
As an alternative to the light bar, Crestron offers a selection of hallway signs and indicators that mount on the wall or ceiling above each touch screen and illuminate green or red according to the room’s availability status. The SSW and SSC series hallway signs both feature a two-sided acrylic sign face that can be custom engraved with the room name or number. The SIW-100 offers a lower profile wall mount status indicator. [2,5]
All of the room availability status indication options are available separately, or as part of a kit including the TSS-7 series touch screen and multi-surface mount kit. For kits containing a hallway sign, custom engraving is available separately by purchasing an SSC-ACR-102 or SSW-ACR-102 replacement acrylic sign face.
Get the word out with broadcast messaging
Crestron Fusion includes the ability to send broadcast messages to all the scheduling touch screens throughout a building or campus, alerting workers and guests to an emergency situation or other general announcement. Emergency messages can be accompanied by an audible alert sound. 
PinPoint™ beacon makes your device smarter (coming soon)
The built-in PinPoint proximity detection beacon enhances the intelligence and personalization of a room scheduling system by enabling your smartphone or tablet device to sense what room you’re standing in front of. It works with the Crestron PinPoint App, using Bluetooth® technology to determine when the mobile device is near the beacon, and signals the mobile app to automatically display the appropriate information and controls for that location. [2,6]
To ensure optimal visibility under varying lighting conditions, the TSS-7 includes a built-in light sensor, which regulates the brightness of the display according to the ambient light level in the space.
One-wire PoE connectivity
Using PoE technology, the TSS-7 gets its operating power right through the network cable. PoE (Power over Ethernet) eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16) offer a total networking solution with built-in PoE for multiple touch screens. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU) is also available to support a single touch screen.
NOTE: Refer to the “Power” specifications for more details.
Cloud-based provisioning and management
The TSS‑7 is compatible with the Crestron XiO Cloud™ service. Crestron XiO Cloud is Crestron’s unifying IoT (Internet of Things) based platform for remotely provisioning, monitoring, and managing Crestron devices across an enterprise or an entire client base. Crestron XiO Cloud enables installers and IT managers to deploy and manage thousands of devices in the amount of time it would ordinarily take to manage just one. For more information about Crestron XiO Cloud, please visit www.crestron.com/xiocloud .
NOTE: Each TSS-7 series touch screen includes a one-year subscription for Crestron XiO Cloud Premium. 
Versatile mounting options for the modern office space
Using the bracket provided, the TSS-7 is easily installed over a 2-gang or 3-gang electrical box, or a 2-gang European or UK electrical box. The same bracket allows for installation over a rectangular cutout in wooden paneling or furniture. When installed, the touch screen protrudes just 1/2 inch from the mounting surface and latches firmly into its mounting bracket leaving no visible screws for an ultra clean appearance. A security latch option is included to deter unauthorized removal of the touch screen.
Additional mounting options are afforded using the TSW-UMB-60 universal mounting bracket. By itself, the TSW-UMB-60 provides a postconstruction solution for retrofitting the TSS-7 into existing drywall. For preconstruction applications that don’t require a back box, the TSW-UMB-60 can be used along with a TSW-UMB-60-PMK preconstruction mounting kit. Masonry and concrete applications are accommodated using the TSW-UMB-60 along with a TSW-UMB-60-BBI back box. The TSW-UMB-60 is compatible with TSS-7, TSS-10, and TSW-x60 series touch screens, making it easy to swap out devices at any time. 
The TS‑7‑MSMK allows a TSS-7 touch screen to be mounted directly to glass, granite, marble, wood paneling, plaster, smooth masonry, or virtually any other flat surface, which is ideal for mounting at the entrance to a meeting space for room scheduling applications. The TSW‑760/1060‑MSMK provides a similar surface mounting solution that can also be mounted over a conventional electrical box. When installed using the TSW‑760/1060‑MSMK, the touch screen is angled upwards at a 20° tilt.
Though not typical for most room scheduling applications, Crestron offers tabletop and rack mount kits that are compatible with the TSS-7. When installing the TSS-7 in place of an older Crestron touch screen (APAD, CT-1000, LC-1000, TPS-4L, or TPS-2000L), Crestron offers retrofit mounting brackets, which facilitate replacement without having to tear out the old mounting hardware or patch the wall.
NOTE: For scheduling applications utilizing occupancy sensing, the TSS-7 does not provide a physical sensor interface. Occupancy sensors must be interfaced with the scheduling service through a Crestron control system or appropriate third-party solution. Crestron offers a variety of wired and wireless occupancy sensors that support integration using the Cresnet® network communications, infiNET EX® wireless communications, or a 24VDC signal.