Crestron Pyng® OS 2 is the only operating system you and your clients will need, in any sized home. Now with video control and distribution, Crestron Pyng OS 2 is now available in the brand-new CP3-R 3-Series Control System.
Crestron Pyng OS 2 brings together the full universe of best-in-class Crestron products in a complete, customized whole home solution: lighting, shades, audio, climate control, door locks, security, and now video, including DigitalMedia™ products, AVRs, and local sources. Now, you can set up and deploy the renowned Crestron smart home experience in a fraction of the time of traditional methods – no programming needed.
Crestron Pyng OS 2 supports integration of video control and DigitalMedia™ products:
- Deliver 4K60 4:4:4 HDR content over HDBaseT® connectivity using DM®, DM NVX, and new DM 4KZ products or simply route from several sources plugged into an AV receiver or directly into a TV.
- Easily route from the Crestron Pyng app: select inputs and outputs, and then test live
- Easily route video from any UI: touch screens, devices running iOS® or Android™ operating systems, Crestron remotes, and even keypads
- Minimize DM and DM NVX configuration by letting Crestron Pyng set up all the mundane elements such as IP tables and basic settings
Video control and source routing
Crestron Pyng OS 2 brings unprecedented ease to video control and source routing:
- Support for thousands of third-party devices, including Apple TV®, Blu-ray® players, displays, projectors, and AV receivers
- Defining AV connections is so simple you can’t possibly mess it up; it’s the same process regardless of the technology
- Automatically detects many devices on the network and presets the available connections
- Even for the largest of systems, you can’t get lost with the new hyperlink feature. You can jump around from device to device and all changes are made live; simply make the change and test.
Crestron Pyng OS 2 expands access to third-party device drivers, behind-the-scenes from the Cloud or via download:
- Support for everything from IP and IR, to RS-232 and even CEC, right out of the box
- Easy and reliable CEC control without messy IR probes
- Device drivers are downloaded behind-the-scenes from myCrestron; or directly load them yourself into the Crestron Pyng system
- IP control for popular brands such as LG, Samsung, Sony and more
- Create your own compatible IR drivers using the standard Creston IR learner
- Create your own compatible IP or RS-232 drivers using the Crestron Certified Driver SDK
Brand-new TV presets experience for easy access to all TV channels, radio stations, movies, and music; we’ve done it all for you on everything from touch screens and remotes, to mobile devices
- Brand-new TV presets experience; we’ve done it all for you on everything from touch screens and remotes, to mobile devices
- Automatically pull station metadata, icons, and guide information based on zip/post code and provider
- Uses Crestron Cloud engine to automatically pull metadata, icons, and guide – even what’s playing now and next – based on zip/post code and provider
- Automatically updates the system – no service calls
- User profiles enable homeowners to customize without the need for a programmer
- Free service for all Crestron customers
Homeowners can now add, change, and remove favorite channels, and each user can have their own profile with their own set of favorites. This allows family members to save and access their own TV favorites; they simply select their profile and everything appears in an instant.
The amazing Crestron HR-310 and TSR-310 handheld remotes are now available in Crestron Pyng OS 2:
- Create customizations such as source selection, triggered scenes, and quick actions
- Order engravings directly from the app!
- Faster testing and deployment: press a button to which you assigned a source and it shows on the TV instantly – no intermediate steps needed
Audio grouping (video grouping coming soon)
With Crestron Pyng OS 2 you can easily group audio and video across the home to create the perfect space to entertain:
- Watch the game in the living room and have the game audio play in the kitchen at the same time, so you don’t miss a second of action
- Support for both audio and video in Groups
- Grouping with video now acts more like Sonos® audio grouping, so it’s already familiar to homeowners
Support for all Sonos® devices
Crestron Pyng OS 2 gives homeowners even more control of their Sonos sound systems:
- Support for all Sonos devices including Play ONE™, Sonos Beam™, Play:5®, Playbar®, and even the Connect:Amp speakers, in addition to the Connect
- Instant recognition and control of Sonos products as sources
- Recognizes Sonos as “room,” i.e. Sonos speaker(s) in a room
- Choose content from that speaker in the room, instead of from a centralized source