Gravity Cable Retractor for FT2 Series, USB C™ to HDMI®, 18 Gbps
Provides a retractable cable management solution for Crestron® FT2 Series FlipTops™. Features a precision gravity-assisted track and pulley mechanism, which allows each cable to be pulled out smoothly for use, and then retracted gently when done by simply lifting the cable vertically above the FlipTop.
Crestron® Gravity Cable Retractors (FT2A-CBLR-GR Series) offer a refined cable management solution for use with Crestron FT2 Series FlipTops™. Each cable pulls out smoothly to any length up to 3 feet ( 0.9 meter) and stays out as long as it remains laying on the tabletop. Simply lifting the cable vertically above the FlipTop™ allows the cable to retract gently back into the FlipTop. Gravity cable retractors use a precision gravity-assisted track and pulley mechanism housed in a vertical enclosure beneath the table.
Each Gravity Cable Retractor is composed of a retractor enclosure and pass-through module. The enclosure attaches to the FlipTop chassis beneath the table, while the module installs in the top of the FlipTop. A 4 foot long cable tail is provided below the table for connection to a DM® transmitter or similar interface device. The pull-out end of the cable passes up through the module so that the connector nests neatly in place and pulls out easily for use. Each module is labeled with an international symbol icon indicating the connection type, which is backlit when installed in an “Electrical” FT2 FlipTop. When installed in a “Mechanical” FlipTop, the symbol icon remains legible but is not backlit.
The pass-though module occupies two modules spaces at either end of any row within the FlipTop. The retractor enclosure slides onto the side of the FlipTop chassis beneath the table and locks into place with a snap. Installation requires a 28.38 inch (721 mm) minimum vertical clearance below the top surface of the table, and 2.33 inches (60 mm) horizontal clearance to the side of the chassis.
Several models of cable retractors are offered. The following “4K” models feature a minimum TMDS bandwidth of 18 Gbps to support ultra high-definition digital video signals up to 4K60 4:4:4. Active circuitry is employed for optimal performance.
- HDMI® to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-HD provides a retractable High-Speed HDMI® cable with a male HDMI Type A connector at both ends.
- DisplayPort to DisplayPort – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-DP provides a retractable DisplayPort cable with a male DisplayPort connector at both ends.
- DisplayPort to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-DP-HD provides a retractable cable with a male DisplayPort connector at the source end above the table and a male HDMI Type A connector at the sink end below the table; converts DisplayPort to HDMI to allow connection of a DisplayPort source to an HDMI input.
- Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-MDP-DP provides a retractable cable with a male Mini DisplayPort connector at the source end above the table and a regular-sized male DisplayPort connector at the sink end below the table; converts Mini DisplayPort to standard DisplayPort to allow connection of a Mini DisplayPort source to a DisplayPort input.
- Mini DisplayPort to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-MDP-HD provides a retractable cable with a male Mini DisplayPort connector at the source end above the table and a male HDMI Type A connector at the sink end below the table; converts Mini DisplayPort to HDMI to allow connection of a Mini DisplayPort source to an HDMI input.
- USB-C™ to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-USBC-HD provides a retractable cable with a male USB Type-C™ connector at the source end above the table and a male HDMI Type A connector at the sink end below the table; converts USB-C to HDMI to allow connection of a USB-C source to an HDMI input.
Additional models are available to support analog and data signals. These cables retractors are passive.
- VGA – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-VGA provides a retractable VGA cable with a male HD15 connector at both ends; supports resolutions up to Full HD 1080p.
- Stereo Audio – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-AUDIO provides a retractable unbalanced stereo audio cable with a male 3.5 mm mini-TRS connector at both ends.
- LAN – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-CAT6 provides a retractable CAT6 LAN cable with a male RJ-45 connector at both ends.
- USB 3.0 – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-USB provides a retractable USB 3.0 cable with a male USB Type-A connector at both ends.
Should the cable within an FT2A-CBLR-GR series retractor ever become damaged, it can be replaced on site using a new FT2A-CBL-PT series cable.
Note: See also the FT2A-CBLR-1T Series “One-Touch” Cable Retractors for applications with limited vertical space beneath the table.
- Convenient and cost-effective connectivity for FT2 Series FlipTops™
- Precision gravity-assisted track and pulley retraction mechanism
- Cable pulls out smoothly to any length up to 3 feet (0.9 meters)
- Cable retracts gracefully by simply lifting it vertically above the table
- Highly flexible, low friction flat cable construction
- Robust soft-feel sculpted connectors for easy handling
- Durable construction for years of reliable use
- Backlit international symbol icon identifies the connector type
- Active 4K models support 4K60 4:4:4 digital AV signals
- Support for HDR and HDCP 2.2
- 4K models available for HDMI® and DisplayPort devices
- Additional 4K models available to convert from DisplayPort to HDMI, Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort to HDMI, and USB-C™ to HDMI
- Passive models available for VGA, stereo audio, LAN, and USB 3.0
- Requires two module spaces at either end of a FlipTop module row
- Retractor housing snaps onto the FlipTop chassis and extends vertically beneath the table
- Requires 28.38 inch (721 mm) vertical clearance below the table top surface
- Provides a 4 foot (1.2 meter) long tail below the table
||8 ft (2.4 m)
||Up to 3 ft (0.9 m) above table
|Back End Tail Length
||4 ft (1.2 m) beneath table
||(1) Blue LED backlit icon indicating the cable connector type, illuminates constantly when FlipTop is powered 
||32° to 113° F (0° to 45° C)
||10% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
||Precision fit plastic drop-in module, 2-space, black
||Metal housing with plastic neck
||• Module requires two consecutive module spaces at the left or right end of any module row within the FlipTop chassis;
• Enclosure attaches beneath the table to mounting slots on the left or right side of the FlipTop chassis;
• Requires 28.38 inches (721 mm) minimum vertical clearance beneath the top surface of the table;
• Projects 2.13 inches (55 mm) from the side of the FlipTop chassis beneath the table (requires an additional 0.2 inch or 5 mm for installation)
||25.80 in (656 mm)
||4.07 in (104 mm)
||1.93 in (49 mm)
|Dimensions shown are for the retractor enclosure only